The Church at Tubac
VBS Parent Newsletter
June 5-9, 2017
Welcome to the Galactic Starveyor VBS where we will search the skies and God’s Word to discover the incredible mysteries of the final frontier. From planet Earth to the farthest reaches of space (and beyond), nothing is outside of God’s control or beyond his grasp. This week the children will uncover God’s truth through Bible study, mission lessons, music, crafts, and games. It promises to be an “out of this world” week of fun and excitement!
Below is a summary of what the children will learn each day, the daily memory verse, and the daily donation. Each child will earn “Shooting Stars” (store $) throughout the day that can be used during the week to buy items at The Milky Way Mart. These shooting stars are earned by attendance, class participation, donations and verse memorization. Verse memorization is NOT required, but is encouraged, and the daily donations listed below are also NOT required, but are meant to be a meaningful way to teach kids about giving to those in need and being the “light of the world”.
Monday: The Relationship Began – The God who created everything wants a relationship with us.
- Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Colossians 1:15
- Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and by Him all things hold together.
- No Daily Donation. Instead, everyone will participate in a special guessing game!!!
Tuesday: The Relationship Broken – Sin messed everything up, but God is still in control.
- Memory Verse for ages 4-5: He is the image
- Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Daily Donation: Baby items (diapers, wipes, 8oz baby bottles, hooded towels, washcloths, maternity clothing or baby clothing – new or gently used, toys, etc.) for Answers for Life Pregnancy Center.
Wednesday: The Restoration Promised – God sent His Son, Jesus, to be the Savior of the world.
- Memory Verse for ages 4-5: of the invisible God,
- Memory Verse: John 1:14a The Word became flesh and took up residence among us.
- Daily Donation: Crayons, markers, colored pencils, pencils, erasers, or water color paints for the children associated with the Cuirim House in Nogales, Sonora.
Thursday: The Relationship Restored – Jesus gave His life to be my Savior.
- Memory Verse for 4-5 year olds: the firstborn over all creation.
- Memory Verse for 6-12 year olds: 2 Corinthians 5:19a That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them.
- Daily Donation: Scissors, glue, or rulers for the children associated with the Cuirim House in Nogales, Sonora.
Friday: The Relationship Continues – Even though I mess up, God still loves me and will never leave me.
- Memory Verse for 4-5 year olds: Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
- Memory Verse for 6-12 year olds: John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, the Father will send Him in My name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you.
- Daily Donation: Lined paper, construction paper, notebooks, or coloring books for the children associated with the Cuirim House in Nogales, Sonora.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time on Day 1, Monday, to pick up VBS t-shirts and name badges. There may be a line at the registration table or sign-in table!
- Our parking attendants were amazing last year at moving the traffic through our small parking lot! Look for them to direct you again this year!
- You will need to sign-in your child(ren) each day as you arrive. There is a *NEW* sign-in form this year! All names will be listed alphabetically by last name, and all members in a household under the same last name will be listed together for only one parent/guardian signature.
- There is a *NEW* pick-up process this year! At the end of VBS each day, all children will be ready for pick-up in the Sanctuary at noon. Parents should line-up outside on the north side of the Sanctuary and enter through the door near the playground. The name(s) of the child(ren) for pick-up will be announced over the microphone, you will walk through the center of the sanctuary to pick-up your child(ren), and exit through the front of the church. We hope this will ease the congestion we have experienced in previous years. As always, children will be released to the designated adult(s) only.
- There will be a Donation Box on the Sign-in Table every morning! Our church considers it a great blessing to share God’s good news through VBS, and we will continue to strive to offer this program free of charge to our community. However, if you would like to make a donation to help offset some of the costs of VBS, we would greatly appreciate your gift of any amount.
- Lastly, we consider it an honor and privilege to share Vacation Bible School with our community. Our volunteers understand how precious children are to the Lord and gladly serve each year at VBS. We have more than 50 volunteers to help make this program a great success and blessing to every child that comes through our church doors! Thank YOU for sharing your precious children with us this week!
Now, let’s blast off!!!!
Trivia Tidbit: Saturn has 62 moons! Its largest moon, Titan, is bigger than the planet Mercury!
Outer Space Silly: Why did the sun go to Vacation Bible School?
To get brighter!